Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Our Adventure

We have been here almost five days now.
Which feels so unreal right now.
It has been hard to write.
The first day we were here we arrived at midnight so we went straight to the hotel to get some rest.
The next morning we woke up to the beautiful people of Kenya we enjoyed an amazing breakfast and loaded our taxi bus to head to HOREC orphanage.
As we swerved in and out of traffic the team yelled and shrieked as they experienced African driving for the first time.
I smiled as I thought of how “normal” this seamed to me.
It felt like just yesterday I was here.
On this continent I love so much.
As we drive on these muddy roads our driver tells us how the Chinese are coming in and buying their land and building new roads.
The land is rich in minerals.
Instead of hiring Kenyans and giving them work they are bring over Chinese people to do the work.
It breaks my heart that this economy is hurting so bad yet the work is being given to another country.
The sides of the streets are filled with trash and small businesses as well as live stock.
Familys gather at small wooden businesses trying to sell enough to make it by.
This poverty is all to normal for me.
The smell of trash burning fills the taxi and is all to familiar.
I feel at home here.
Apart of this culture feels like home to me.
I can’t imagine my life without Africa.
As we pull up to the orphanage we see smiling faces come running at us.
The hesitate at first but then once we get down to their level their little hands and arms wrap around us.
Oh how I have waited for this moment. 
I’ll continue this when we get home today :) 
Thank you for all the continued prayers and support that has been given to make this a reality for us!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment